Our guest on the show today is Tyler Books. Tyler and his wife abby have launched a marriage podcast where they help new parents navigate their relationship while getting used to raising kids!
In today’s call, Shane helps Tyler navigate the rocky waters of being a Husband and Wife business team, how to overcome one of the biggest fears almost all entrepreneurs have in the beginning of their journey, that nobody will believe you are expert enough to teach your topic, and how to find the time to work on your online business when you’re working full time and raising kids. Every entrepreneur will benefit from today’s conversation!
What You’ll Learn:
What is your target avatar? (2:30)
How to overcome ‘imposter syndrome.’ (10:30)
Overcoming small numbers in your membership. (19:30)
Tyler Brooks works at a 9 to 5 job right now where he works with insurance and his wife works in education. Tyler and his wife have started an online faith-based Christian marriage coaching business. They now have a podcast and roll out new episodes every week.
Their mission is to help others in their marriages – and what better time? Everyone needs a little advice and encouragement during this pandemic!
What is your target avatar?
Tyler’s primary target is couples with young kids. Their avatar is a little different because they are not really looking at age as a huge factor. It’s really good to target couples and homes that have kids. Our avatar shifted the same way over the years. But like the Brooks it was the kids that really defined our avatar.
We have a great course over in the Flip Your Life Community to help you define your avatar too!
How to overcome ‘imposter syndrome.’
Tyler is struggling with the fear of people having more experience and self-doubt causing him to be thinking that maybe he doesn’t know as much as he thinks he does. Imposter syndrome is really the biggest hurdle that most people starting out have to fight. When you put yourself out there you’re putting yourself available to criticism. And, we’ve experienced this too!
Overcoming small numbers in your membership.
Tyler is struggling with a small email list and low podcast downloads. While the numbers aren’t what Tyler and his wife would like there are easy ways to overcome them – by using our three pillars!
- Being consistent in creating content.
- Being prolific in promoting on social media and advertising.
- Being relentless in following up on emails. (Sending them out at least Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of every week).
What are your next steps?
Here’s what we think Tyler needs to do right now:
- He has to stop everything he’s doing and create a product. They need to create their core membership. This is a concept we call “working backwards.” Why have content if you can’t have people opt-in or buy anything? So that’s the first thing we’ve got to fix.
- To go with our first item on his next steps we need him to create a list of 5 things core principles he would tell anybody that is married and about to have their first child. Get the five categories done gets an area started where people can begin giving Tyler money.
- Let people jin his community and do Q+As weekly for the first year. Questions from the Q+As will fill in the gaps he needs for the rest of his membership.
- To launch the membership Tyler needs to record a video for those 5 core principles that are 30 minutes a piece.
- Tyler needs to create a Facebook group.
- Sign up for Zoom so he can do Zoom meetings with anyone that will join.
Find us on:
We would love to have you as a member of The Flip Your Life Community! We believe you have God-give talents and experiences you can use to start an online business! All you need is 100 people to pay you $50/m online to make $5,000/m, $60,000/y! Let us help you start build and grow a membership of your own. We offer a 30-day FREE trial to all new members. Click here to learn more: https://flippedlifestyle.com/flipyourlife